- $110 million to protect water sources;
- $50 million for green infrastructure;
- $200 million for water quality improvement projects in NYC;
- $75 million for updating cesspool and septic systems in Long Island; and
- $20 million for lead pipe replacements.
Also last week, US Senator Chuck Schumer called on the US EPA and the US Fish and Wildlife Service to tackle Hydrilla, an aquatic invasive plant, in Cayuga Lake. The Senate Majority Leader has asked for $850,000 from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative to eradicate Hydrilla from the region, by applying an herbicide that will not harm native plants or water quality.