Tour stops include:
- City Hall: City Hall in Hoboken has several stormwater demonstrations throughout the building, including cisterns, rain gardens, permeable pavement and a green roof model. We'll join sustainability staff of the City of Hoboken to learn about the demonstrations and what Hoboken is doing to manage stormwater with green infrastructure.
- A Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO): We'll meet NJ Future and the North Hudson Sewerage Authority on the waterfront at a CSO outfall to learn about how CSOs impact Hoboken. We'll also get an outfall screen cleaning demonstration, discuss CSO permits, and learn about their live CSO Advisory System.
- Stevens Institute: Recent Tedx Talk superstar Dr. Elizabeth Fassman-Beck will show us the stormwater projects Stevens Institute is building and studying, including flow-through planters and green roof modules.
- A green roof and farm on an old factory building: Bijou Properties is committed to sustainable building and has many developments in Hoboken. We'll join a Bijou Properties representative to see a former Hostess Factory that now features a green roof and farm and is home to New York Sports Club, CVS and Chase Bank.
- A resiliency park: the City of Hoboken has built the Southwest Resiliency Park to combine flood mitigation green infrastructure and passive recreational space. Some features of the park include a bioswale bumpout, permeable pavers and a rain garden. We'll be joined again by City of Hoboken staff for this final stop on our tour.
Tickets are $5 and include lunch! Get your tickets at: